The LC Advisory Council puts out a campus-wide Call for Proposals twice annually. Faculty and teaching staff on both campuses are invited to submit proposals using the following link: www.kennesaw.edu/learningcommunity.
- SPRING 2018 - Proposals for Learning Communities for First-Year Students will be accepted August 29-September 12, 2017.
- FALL 2018 - Proposals for Learning Communities for First-Year Students will be accepted October 10-November 10, 2017.
- By definition, Learning Communities must contain at least two courses.
- At least one course in each Learning Community must be limited to the Learning Community students. The maximum number of students in a Learning Community is 25.
- One instructor should not teach all courses within a Learning Community.
- It is possible to embed Learning Community students in large courses.
- Learning Communities may be offered at any KSU campus. Courses within individual Learning Communities must meet on the same campus.
- Proposals should include General Education courses and/or lower-level major courses that do not have prerequisites.
- Most Learning Communities include KSU 1101, KSU’s award-winning First-Year Seminar (FYS). If your proposal does not include a FYS, please identify the course that will include only the LC students (<25 students) and will serve as the “anchor” course for the Learning Community.
- If necessary, the Learning Communities Program can help you identify instructors to teach in your Learning Community; however, if you know who you plan to include on your LC instructional team, please discuss this with them when preparing your proposal.
- If you are proposing a Learning Community for a specific major, please consult with the chair and/or an academic advisor for that major to ensure that the courses included in the Learning Community meet the needs and graduation requirements of the students.
- Please seek Chair approval before submitting your proposal.
- If you are interested in teaching in a Learning Community but do not plan to submit a proposal this year, please contact the Learning Community Program to express your interest. We will help you find a Learning Community that matches your interests and goals.