First-Year Ignition: New Student Orientation
First Year Orientation (Ignition) is designed for students who have recently graduated from high school or have been out of school for an extended period but have had no previous college experience. All first-year, full-time students are required to attend an orientation session. Part-time students are strongly encouraged to attend. Ignition helps students:
- Determine appropriate classes to take during the first semester by meeting with an academic adviser.
- Please Note: Students may be required to take the ACCUPLACER prior to attending Ignition.
- Understand the web-based course registration system.
- Register for the coming semester's classes (if cleared for registration).
- Receive a KSU ID and parking hangtag/decal.
- Connect with new and current students through small group interaction.
- Find out where to park on campus, what campus resources and departments are available, how to get involved socially, and strategies to assist in the successful transition to KSU.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Orientation and Transitions Programs at 470-578-6219 or email us at KSUOrientation@kennesaw.edu.