Students can only apply for the Thrive Scholars Program during the spring of their senior year in high school.
- Students will be selected based on applications that will be reviewed weekly by a panel of faculty and staff. The process is outlined on the main page of the application.
- Only 125 students will be accepted in 2018. Once the 125 spots are filled, a waitlist will be created.
- The application will be open January 3 – April 30, 2018, unless the program and waitlist fill before then.
In the application students will provide:
- Basic information including name, high school, interests, and any college credit received
- Answers to several questions* regarding their interest in the Thrive Scholars Program and plans for their college experience
- MAPT results* – required for all students attending KSU; it is only one element used to help determine a student’s first math course in college. It can take 10-20 minutes. Students will want to be in a quiet place where they can focus, but no preparation is required. Go to http://placement.kennesaw.edu.
- A statement of commitment to the required spring, summer and first-year programming. Students should check their calendars before committing.
- In addition, students' applications require one reference letter, from a teacher, coach, guidance counselor, administrator, employer, or community leader. It cannot be from a family member. Letters should be on official letterhead, or come directly from the reference’s email address, and be emailed to email@example.com. Applications won’t be reviewed until the reference letter is received. The letter should (1) state how the reference knows you, (2) refer to and give specific examples of your character, skills/abilities, and academic record, and (3) discuss your ability to thrive at KSU. Because Thrive has a leadership component, referencing any leadership experience you have is also a plus. Please follow up with your reference to be sure the letter is sent in soon!
Click HERE to apply. Please read the directions on the application home page carefully before starting the application.
*We encourage you to complete these sections before starting the application. Partial applications cannot be saved.