Students can only apply for the Thrive Scholars Program during the spring of their senior year in high school.
- Students will be selected based on applications that will be reviewed weekly by a panel of faculty and staff. The process is outlined on the main page of the application.
- Only 125 students will be accepted in 2018. Once the 125 spots are filled, a waitlist will be created.
- The application will be open January 3 – April 30, 2018, unless the program and waitlist fill before then.
In the application students will provide:
- Basic information including name, high school, interests, and any college credit received
- Answers to several questions* regarding their interest in the Thrive Scholars Program and plans for their college experience
- MAPT results* – required for all students attending KSU; it is only one element used to help determine a student’s first math course in college. It can take 10-20 minutes. Students will want to be in a quiet place where they can focus, but no preparation is required. Go to http://placement.kennesaw.edu.
- A statement of commitment to the required spring, summer and first-year programming. Students should check their calendars before committing.
- In addition, students' applications require one reference letter, from a teacher, coach, guidance counselor, administrator, or community leader. It cannot be from a family member. Letters should be on official letterhead and emailed to Thrive.kennesaw.edu . Applications won’t be reviewed until the reference letter is received.
Click HERE to apply. Please read the directions on the application home page carefully before starting the application.
*We encourage you to complete these sections before starting the application. Partial applications cannot be saved.