The application deadline is May 5 or until the program fills, whichever is first.
Please review the eligibility requirements under the “Eligibility” Tab.
Enrollment is limited to 125 students for Fall 2017.
Please let us know if you have any questions. 470-578-4437
How to prepare for the Thrive application process:
- Take the MAPT Placement Test and record your results (the recommended math course) on the application. Your application
will be incomplete and therefore denied without this score.
- Three required essay responses (at least 100 words each):
- Describe the parts of the Thrive program that interest you most and share how they
will help you succeed in college.
- Describe your academic plan for college (major, academic skills and goals, graduation
timeframe, graduate school, etc.), then describe how participation in Thrive will
benefit your plan AND your goal to graduate from Kennesaw State University in four
years. Note, Thrive does not have the resources to accommodate students planning to
- Give a description of a specific situation when you interacted with a person who was
different from you, to accomplish a particular goal. Describe with some detail the
situation, the person, your differences, and the goal. Then describe the result and
what you learned from it that will help you in the future.
- Describe the parts of the Thrive program that interest you most and share how they will help you succeed in college.
- Be prepared to attach recommendation letters from two different people, one as a leadership/character reference and one as an academic
reference. Neither can be a family member.
- Be prepared to attach a screenshot of your Georgia Futures account showing your current (anticipated) HOPE eligibility status. The screenshot needs to include your full name.
If you have questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 470.578.4437.