Benefits & Results
Thrive students maintain the HOPE scholarship at substantially higher rates than demographically matched groups, the general KSU population, and college students in Georgia!
- Personal Graduation Coach all four years.
- First Summer Orientation, with priority registration.
- Campus and peer connections.
- Leadership development.
- are part of Thrive Learning Communities, which include a first-year seminar,
- have trained peer leaders in the first-year seminars,
- have access to Study Halls, study sessions, and workshops
- have the opportunity to live in the Leadership residential community with other Thrive students,
- take part in community service projects,
- are offered social opportunities and events, and
- participate in co-curricular leadership initiatives.
Thrive students are more likely to:
- earn higher grades,
- be retained (stay in college) at higher levels,
- earn the GPA necessary to maintain HOPE scholarship eligibility,
- progress more rapidly in academic standing (move from first-year student to sophomore, etc),
- and graduate sooner!
What do students say about Thrive?
- Thrive made a large campus more personal by establishing a sense of belonging.
- Thrive engendered a desire to graduate from Kennesaw State University.
- Social connections with Thrive peers enhanced their academic and social success.
- A majority of students said they felt “comforted” knowing a graduation coach was available to them.
- Students who used graduation coaching frequently attributed a great deal of their success to coaching: “It kept me on track.”
- Students loved the Thrive “Advance” (pre-college team-building retreat), reporting that it boosted their confidence, reduced their anxiety about starting college, fostered friendships, and helped them become familiar with the campus.