Overnight Ignition: New Student Orientation
During this Overnight Ignition: New Student Orientation session, First-Year students will obtain information and resources about the university and have the opportunity to spend one night on campus. These sessions are first-come, first-served and availability may fill quickly.
Please read the following quick tips regarding Overnight Ignition below:
- Overnight accommodations are for students-only and are already included in the $100 overnight Ignition fee
- All students will stay on-campus in a residence hall
- A packing list will be provided on the Pre-Ignition Checklist page
- Students are required to attend the full duration of both days
Parents, Family & Guests
Overnight accommodations for Parents, Family & Guests attending orientation with their student are not provided. Local accommodations can be found on our Accommodations page.
Parents, Family & Guests will drop off their student on Day 1 where the student will check in and get moved into their assigned residence hall room for their overnight orientation stay. Parents, Family & Guests who have signed-up and paid the $60 guest fee (per guest) are welcome to attend the (Day 2) Overnight Ignition session programming alongside their student.
For more information on the Overnight Ignition schedule, please refer to the information below.
Overnight Day 1 (Students Only)Overnight Day 2 (Students & Guests)
- Student drop-off & check-in
- Students will move overnight items into residence halls
- Small group time with student Ignition Leaders
- Major explorer & course selection workshop
- Late night programming
*Day 1 includes student dinner
- Parent, Family & Guest check-in
- Morning Presentations
- Academic Advising overview
- Student Organization and Campus Resource Fair
- Afternoon Presentations
- Class Registration
- Pickup Talon One Card
*Day 2 includes student breakfast and student/guest lunch